- Organizer: Aalto University
- Location: Helsinki, Arkadiankatu 7, Economicum building, seminar rooms 1 and 3-4
- Time schedule
- The course includes 18 hours of lectures and 8 hours of exercises
- Instructor: Professor Juuso Välimäki (Aalto University)
- Teaching assistant: Christian Krestel (Aalto University)
Aims and objectives: This course introduces the students to topics and methods in modern information economics at the graduate level. After taking this course, the students are familiar with the analytical techniques used in microeconomics and have the necessary skills for modeling interactions under incomplete information.
- Adverse selection and mechanism design.
- Moral hazard and imperfect monitoring.
- Dynamic models of incomplete information including signaling and cheap talk.
- Selected applications, for example: auctions, bargaining, market microstructure, reputation formation.
- Course material will be posted here