Macroeconomics 3: Business Cycles
- Organizer: University of Helsinki
- Location: Helsinki, Arkadiankatu 7, Economicum building
- Time schedule
- The course includes 18 hours of lectures and 6 hours of exercises, a final exam and a possibility to retake the exam.
- Instructor: Dr Adam Gulan (Bank of Finland)
- Teaching assistant: Lauro Carnicelli (University of Helsinki)
Topics and learning objectives
- Basic methods for solving, analyzing and evaluating dynamic stochastic general equilibrium (DSGE) models
- Methods first introduced in the context of the real business cycle (RBC) model
- Extensions: open economy models, financial frictions
- The course material will be posted on Dr Gulan's website.