- Organizer: University of Helsinki
- Location: Helsinki, Arkadiankatu 7, Economicum building, seminar rooms 1 and 3-4
- Time schedule
- The course includes 18 hours of lectures and 8 hours of exercises, a final exam and a possibility to retake the exam.
- Instructor: Assistant Professor Mika Meitz (University of Helsinki)
- Teaching assistant: Henri Karttunen (University of Helsinki)
Topics and learning objectives
- Description: This module covers a number of models and methods employed in time series econometrics. The emphasis is on univariate models, but also vector autoregressive models are discussed. After the course, the student should know the basic properties of the time series models and related methods introduced, and be able to critically follow empirical research using these methods and apply them in empirical research. The module should also prepare the student for more advanced methodological and applied studies in time series econometrics.
- Topics covered include:
Basic time series concepts
Methods for stationary univariate data: ARMA models, ARCH models
Nonstationarity (unit roots, cointegration)
Vector autoregressive models
Course Readings and Material
- To be added to Moodle