- Organizer: University of Helsinki
- Location: Helsinki, Arkadiankatu 7, Economicum building
- Time schedule
- The course includes 18 hours of lectures and 8 hours of exercises
- Instructor: Associate Professor Mika Meitz (University of Helsinki)
- Teaching assistant: Yin Ming (University of Helsinki)
Topics and learning objectives
- Description: This module introduces the basic methods used in linear regression analysis of economic variables. The classical finite sample theory, and asymptotic analysis of the linear regression model as well as the necessary methodological tools required for these topics are covered. After the module, the student should know the main properties and limitations of the linear regression model and the basics of asymptotic analysis, and be able to employ the linear regression model and related inferential methods in empirical research.
- Topics covered include:
- Classical finite sample theory
- Basics of asymptotic theory
- Asymptotic theory in the linear regression model
- Autocorrelation, heteroskedasticity, and dynamic regressors
- Specification tests
- Omitted variables, instrumental variables, 2SLS
- To be added to Moodle.
- In order to access the University of Helsinki's Moodle service you must authenticate yourself: you can log in by using UH's username and password (choose University of Helsinki account) or by using the username and the password of one of the HAKA federation's institutions (choose HAKA federation account). HAKA federation is a joint user authentication venture by the Finnish higher education institutions.